Sunday 15 April 2012

Hamtune Quilters on Tour

On Saturday April 14th there were 38 of us went to the Quilt and Embroidery Show at Uttoxeter Race Course, following an uneventful and pleasant journey there my first impressions (and worries) were that the 51/2 hours we were to be there would be to long, but, I was wrong, it was a lovely show and venue. Lots of traders and some different ones to what we have seen before, admittedly there were not to many quilts on display but then again it was not a large show. Organised by MQexhibitions, Margaret McQuillan and her staff were very helpful and there were plenty of places to have a seat to rest (fom spending) I know some ladies did a workshop with Barbara Chainey and enjoyed and myself, Anne, Penny and Christine did a workshop doing a Funky Felt Flower, we nearly got it right first time didn't we Anne myself included but most enjoyable.
Seeing as it was a new venue for all but one, Linda Tanner went last year and came again this year, I think a good time was had by all.
That's it now until Alexandra Palace later in the year

No comments:

Post a Comment